[Coco] Hey all

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:42:57 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Sean <badfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I try to do it on lengthy threads, but sometimes I'm also spoiled by
> Gmail, which hides quoted stuff automatically while reading.

yes, gmail does  a nice job of this.  I've become spoiled as well.

> Gmail is also another contributor of the long argument of people that
> like replying at the bottom vs. at the top.  But I've been using Pine
> for 20 years (CLI, non-GUI of course), and even that defaults to the
> top and is easier to read that way.  But I know there are several
> end-of-message-reply preferred folks here.  The war that shall never
> end. :)

The debate is usually not a  "top vs bottom" thing, its whether the
reply is put inline with responses beneath the portion of the message
that they are relevant to.  I tried to make a simple example with this
post.  Most heavy list users prefer it this way, and I tend to like it
better as well.  Easy to follow the conversation, especially in long
running threads.

In any case, I'd rather worry about what someone has to say than how
they choose to say it.