[Coco] Howard Medical

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Wed Mar 17 11:38:57 EDT 2010

Howard Medical was just a name created by the company owner, Ross
Litton. Company is still there, big warehouse and maybe 6...8 persons
strong. Selling predominantly to the Chicago hospital circuit. Mostly
bedside clipboards and simple stuff. Made especially to the individual
hospital's strict (and non-standard) specifications, which drives cost
up. The Coco business was a wild hare (pun intended) and at the time was
pretty neat. There were two of us doing that for Ross in the mid-late
80's, then there was one, then none... Also did intnernal and external
hard drives for the old Tandy HX and EX machines. Gosh! Doing low level
formats with debug and all that rot. Man did we have fun back then!