[Coco] Drive Pak progress

richec rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 14:47:14 EST 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 11:24:18 pm Roger Taylor wrote:
> Good news,
>
> A set of Drive Pak boards arrived today and everything is looking good.
>
> I just booted into NitrOS-9 on my 2GB MicroSD card and I'm at the
> prompt.  A little work needs to be done with the OS-9 drivers to
> allow it better access to partitions and disks 0-255 like how Disk
> BASIC does it, but most of the work is done.  I think a few tweaks to
> the OS-9 drivers will do the trick.  I'll leave that up to the OS-9
> community to improve on the drivers to access more using some base
> descriptors perhaps.  I can't see having 256 descriptors labeled U0 -
> U255 for accessing floppies in a partition.
>
> My pak starts up running a sector reading loop test.  I hit BREAK,
> typed DRIVE #"OS9" to change the partition then typed DOS, and up
> came NitrOS-9 in a few seconds.
> I could easily change my *.bas program to be: 10 DRIVE #"OS9":DOS  to
> boot into NitrOS-9 on powerup.
>
> I really need to find a MicroSD card cloner (to local .img file then
> back to other cards).  I use Windows 7 now.  It is not ideal for me
> to load each customer's MicroSD card FROM the CoCo over the bitbanger
> cable or wireless connection due to how much longer it would take.
>
> Does anybody know what Windows app can copy a MicroSD card
> bit-for-bit and clone it onto another card?  I mean a mirror image.
>
> Thanks

Hi Roger, my suggstion would be a program like Clonzilla. It will image
Windows or Linux. It is stand alone once you burn the ISO and it doesn't care
what media it is using. Annndd it's free. I am using it back up my stuff, but I
gadda tellya... I have not worked up the cumption up to try a restore. I will
do that this weekend. I have just the system I do not care that much about to
stress test it on. Stay tuned.