[Coco] Advice request on Cloud9's 512k Upgrade board for Coco3

Todd Wallace dragonbytes at cox.net
Sat Mar 20 18:08:05 EDT 2010

Hey guys,

Been wanting a CoCo3 with 512k ever since I was a kid.  I been looking at Cloud9's 512k upgrade board and wanted to first ask you guys a few questions.  The instructions talk about permanently removing capacitors from the board.  Has anyone installed this board before?  Are there any compatibility issues with software? I ask because it seems once installed, there's no going back.  Thats why I actually thought about purchasing a second CoCo3 with the board installed, so that if there were any compatibility issues, i had my original CoCo3 with 128k.  But if there are no known compatibility issues, maybe i'll take the plunge, save some money and try to install it myself in my current CoCo3.  Any thoughts?

- Todd