[Coco] How does the SCS line / GIME Setting Work?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jun 20 00:00:28 EDT 2010

On 19 Jun 2010 at 23:26, Gene Heskett wrote:

> James, Kevin has been wrong before, and in fact that was the reason I put on
> my bulletproof stuff and started on RBF.MN all those years ago, even before
> the 6309 was discovered.  The level2 version was not doing exactly as the
> docs said it should, so I fixed that code in 7 or 8 different locations
> before I got to Ed34 and thought I was done.  But that one had a land mine
> in its FD.SEG(48) handling that I put in :(, so now we've had 2 or 3 more
> versions since.

Gene

I will say this. It was not my intent to say anyone is right or wrong even though it may well
have come out like that. Like I said I defered to his measurements until otherwise I can prove
myself either right or wrong. For now it makes little or no difference to me.

The GIME chip does not do everything the same as the SAM chip. There are a lot of
similarities and there are differemces. I will leave at that.

james
james