[Coco] CoCo3.com Is Gone (Re: Bogus WhoIs Complaint)

Jim Hathaway kg4knb at hat3.net
Sat Jun 19 00:08:28 EDT 2010

Aaron,

that would work as long as the domain is not hosted on a shared
server. Another idea would be to create an A record in another domain
that points to the hosted ip address of coco3.com. Godaddy would need
to provision the hosting to handle that type of request, but I don't
know of any reason why that would not work. I can create an A record
under any of my domains.  Something like coco3.hat3.net could then be
used to temporarily access the site.

Because the dispute is only with the domain name godaddy should still
be able to make this happen.

Jim

On Friday, June 18, 2010, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know the IP address of coco3.com's web server?  Since the
> issue is only with DNS, it's likely that you could still view the
> sight by adding an entry for the domain and ip in your local hosts
> file.
>
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM, J.P. Samson
> <coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com> wrote:
>> Just noticed that Roger's CoCo3.com website is out of action... again.
>>
>> GoDaddy is reporting that the domain has been suspended due to an invalid
>> WhoIs record.
>>
>> -- JP
>>

>> --

Jim Hathaway