[Coco] DriveWire on the DE1

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 10:04:36 EDT 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010, Becker, Gary wrote:

> For the last few days I have been doing everything on the DE1. I will
> update everything for the Xilinx Spartan 3 platform in a few days. Since
> I have my Sound, Joystick port, and second serial port analog board on
> the Xilinx platform, I do a lot with it. But when we get all the
> features of the DE1, sound / SD card, it will be hard to beat.

So, there will be some peripheral hardware specific for the DE1?  Where
can I find discussion of this?

> But I
> intend on supporting all features that the hardware supports on both
> platforms.
>
> I will post the latest builds for the DE1 on the Yahoo group in a day or
> so. And will post the builds for the Xilinx boards when I get it
> working.

I'm sort of in a quandry on direction.  I really hate to get locked into a
development environment that runs only on Windows, since I have to fire up
a second machine for that purpose.

Has anyone successfully run Quartus under VMware on a Linux host?

Steve