[Coco] Message from John of gimechip.com

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:21:41 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM,  <sales at gimechip.com> wrote:
> Yeah - Aaron sent me the link and told me to click it and sign up so I was
> like okay. It took awhile and then email started rolling in, slowly at
> first, but now there's bunches. I never joined the list before because I
> thought I would get a zillion emails a day - I was wrong - it's not as
> overwhelming as I at first feared. It's actually cool 'cause I can upload
> the stuff to CoCo3.com and then mention it here. COOL :-)

Glad you joined and welcome :)

I've found the traffic on the CoCo list quite manageable.  (I'm "old
school" in that I prefer mailing lists to web forums in the first
place)

Looking at a year's worth of message per month numbers:

Jun 2009 - 300
Jul 2009 - 412
Aug 2009 - 563
Sep 2009 - 421
Oct 2009 - 256
Nov 2009 - 429
Dec 2009 - 581
Jan 2010 - 944 (wow)
Feb 2010 - 534
Mar 2010 - 696
Apr 2010 - 459
May 2010 - 578

So it seems an average month would be ~ 500 messages, or 17 per day.
If you use a mail reader that does threading, there are usually only a
couple "live" subjects at any given time so its very easy to keep
track of.  The list management does an excellent job of preventing any
spam, I can't remember getting even one.  Some of the other lists I'm
on have problems with that.  All in all, its an excellent resource and
I think you'll like being a member.

-Aaron

>>> http://www.radisys.com/Products/Microware.html