[Coco] changing partition types using Linux

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jun 20 03:14:49 EDT 2010

Does anyone know how I can add other partition types to Fedora 13's
list of predefined partition types in the disk manager GUI ?

There is no type $DA, yet the MicroSD uDrive specs call for a type
$DA (RAW partition) if the card is to be used as a dual-purpose FAT &
RAW card.  Such a card will allow a FAT mode and a raw sector
mode.  However, using the raw sector mode on any card type is
possible by turning off a mode in the firmware, so I don't have a
problem accessing my cards in raw sector mode, and partitions and
types don't even matter in this case.  But a dual partition card
apparently has to have the types set correct for the firmware to work
right and automatically point to the right partition based on the
file access commands issued.

--
~ Roger Taylor