[Coco] Vegas and OS-9

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jun 11 22:36:29 EDT 2010

I have to make a quick overnight trip to Vegas (long story) which reminds me -- with the talk of OS-9 here, I thought I would share some tidbits.

The Treasure Island pirate ship show runs (or at least RAN) on OS-9 on machines from Gespac, I think. With how the industry works, I would not expect them to EVER update the control system unless it has to be replaced, so it may very well still be OS-9 based.

Star Trek The Experience (which is gone/replaced now?) had some work on it done by a company from Des Moines that used some OS-9000 (x86) systems -- I forget what they told me they worked on (maybe lighting systems or something) but there was apparently a bit of OS-9 in it, too.

Just an FYI.

		-- A