[Coco] Replacing Dynamic RAM with Static RAM

sales at gimechip.com sales at gimechip.com
Fri Jun 11 11:57:04 EDT 2010

Over the past year, I've had some success at replacing DRAM with SRAM. I have posted some of the schematics and designs to CoCo3.com in these threads:

http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/05/512k-upgrade-question

http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/06/4164-dram-sram-replacement-1-by-jr-of-gimechip-com

http://www.coco3.com/community/2010/06/4164-dram-%E2%80%93-sram-replacement-2-by-jr-of-gimechip-com-c19-march-2010

It is relatively simple to demultiplex the multiplexed address lines and to replace DRAM with SRAM. The above links should provide a great deal of information on how I've gotten it to work.

As soon as I get the rest of my documents together on the 512K, 1M & 2M CoCo 3 Static RAM upgrades, I'll get those posted as well. -J&R