[Coco] Backup Magic (Was: Good Memories with Mr. Bjork)

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Fri Jul 30 08:31:14 EDT 2010

On Jul. 30, 2010, at 6:11 AM, brian palmer wrote:
> It failed on:
> Kyum-Gai: To Be Ninja (Sundog Systems), It will indeed copy this.
> And I would say every other Sundog System software that used the
> Track0 copy protection routine.

Doesn't work on my copy of Kyum-Gai.  I tried several times, and
Backup Magic just locks up the computer during the copy operation,
with colorful garbage characters all over the screen.  This was
several years ago, and I think I tried some different floppy drives
and drive controllers, too, to no avail.  Perhaps Kyum-Gai changed
copy protection schemes at some point during its life cycle?

One day (i.e. some years from now), I hope to get a PC cobbled
together with a Catweasel so I can hopefully make backup copies of
those other protected disks.  (I'm on a Mac laptop at present.)

-- JP