[Coco] Emulators and Nitros 9?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:35:45 EDT 2010

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:03:21 -0700
From: "Steve Batson" <steve at batsonphotography.com>
Subject: [Coco] Emulators and Nitros 9?
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>

>>I'm thinking it would be  fun to mess with Nitros 9, but would like to do
it on an emulator.
>>Feedback would be great. I don't have a bunch of hardware I want to
>>connect.

You don't have any choice with an emulator, you can't really connect an MPI
or cartridges, you can only run the ROMS, disk or cassette images.

I've run VCC on my windows 7 laptop just fine, but I have also run MESS,
Jeff Vavasour's(sp??) emulator and David Keil's emulators under DOS.

I should try those in Vmware with a DOS image to see if/how they run at all.
I prefer to stay in Windows than to have to boot to dos, especially since
all the COCO documentation is on my Windows partition in PDF.