[Coco] CoCo keyboard can't keep up?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Jul 29 08:36:45 EDT 2010

Chad H wrote:
> Hey guys, another question..
>
> Sometimes I get a little quick on the CoCo keyboard and I get extra
> characters displayed in addition to the ones I'm typing and they are nowhere
> near the keys I'm pressing.   If I slow down all is good.  Anyone know what
> this could be?   It happens in DECB&  OS9/NitrOS9 just the same.
>

> -          Chad

Depends on what you were pressing and what you saw. There are characters
generated using simultaneous key strokes for both DECB and OS-9.
Depending on the ROM (DECB) and version OS-9, you might be getting some form of
editing or repeat keys.

So, you are going to need to experiment. Deliberately attempt to recreate the
problem by entering simultaneous key strokes. When you locate a combination of
keys that produce the unexpected characters, post the OS being used and the key
sequence.