[Coco] Good memories with Mr. Bjork

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:39:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2010, at 6:50 PM, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> The picture on the first page is awesome..  Steve at age 25, sitting
>> on a four wheeler (apparently indoors), wearing a sports coat and full
>> on 80s tie.  Man that takes me back.  Makes you appreciate how much
>> has changed in ~30 years.  Those were good times.
>
> I remember that! I must have that issue somewhere. 25? Really? Wow. I'm dumbfounded thinking at how young alot of these folks were that were cranking out so much software.
>
> If I recall the story, they had that four wheeler in a booth at whatever show that was at, and wired up the CoCo joystick interface to controls on the actual four wheeler so folks could ride and play ... Dessert Rider?

Another interesting bit of trivia.  I'm guessing it wasn't "dessert"
rider, but who knows? the 80s were strange times :)

FWIW, you can read the article online here:
https://sites.google.com/a/aaronwolfe.com/cococoding/home/magazines/color-computer-magazine

(if your email client doesn't mangle the massive url)  it's on page 86.

I only have a couple of the CCM magazines converted so far, but lots
of other mags fully OCR'ed and shrunk in size are available to read or
download.  I do the conversions in the background when I'm working on
boring jobs.  google indexes the contents once they are OCRed, so you
can do full text search over tons of magazines/issues, sort of cool.
Some day Google is supposed to be adding context to the results like
they do with web searches, but right now all you get is links to the
matching issues with the search terms highlighted in the text if you
open them.  Not ideal but maybe useful.