[Coco] OS-9 Floppy / Printer configuration?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:38:29 EDT 2010

On Tuesday, July 27, 2010 06:22:52 pm Bob Devries did opine:

> Gene,
>
> If my memory serves, TunePort was a Level 2 programme, and was not
> available in Level 1.

That might be, but ISTR I used it 25 years ago to make a serial  to
parallel adapter I'd picked up from some no-name I can remember place, and
which has since gone on to that big graveyard after a lightning strike
nearby, work as its preset speeds were off.  After I got a  scope at home,
it turned out to like about 11.1 killobaud when its switch was set to 9600.
But, I was then using os9 level 1 version 2, or whatever the little white
book and disk release was called that upgraded the original release.  The
original really was pretty stripped.

But you tickled my curiosity, so I pulled a boxed copy of the level 1 stuff
out, and it indeed is not listed in the red book of os9 commands.  But I
know I had it and used it before getting a coco-3.  I can only conclude
that it was in the little white book upgrade.  And I'd have to dig much
deeper to find the one copy of that I have.  Somewhere in about 8 filing
boxes.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)