[Coco] OS-9 Floppy / Printer configuration?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 01:34:22 EDT 2010

If you're familiar with unix and tools like make, it's actually much
easier to build a boot disk by checking out the NitrOS9 CVS and using
the "Toolshed" coco development tools to assemble and create your own
NitrOS9 disks.  Changing the modules on a boot disk is as simple as
tweaking a makefile and "make dsk".   When testing different things on
different systems, I have to make several different OS9 disks quite
often.  If I had to use os9gen each time it would be really, really
tedious.  A modern PC can build all of NitrOS9 in a few seconds.

The Toolshed can also be used on Windows.  It works pretty much just
like it does in linux if you use the cygwin environment.  I think you
can also run the tools natively as windows programs but I haven't done
that myself.  Toolshed is here if you're interested:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/toolshed/

-Aaron