[Coco] OS-9 Floppy / Printer configuration?

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Mon Jul 26 06:07:28 EDT 2010

> P.S. I have the original OS-9 level 1 rev. 1.0.0.  Wish I could
> find a later revision.  I know the DeskMate diskette I have says
> level 1 rev. 2.0.0 but I think it's missing a lot of the OS-9 files.

Level 1 rev. 1.0.0 was pretty well hard coded for the "standard" Radio Shack
drives.  I remember modifying Level 1 rev 2.0.0 for 40 track double sided
drives because it was the first CoCo OS-9 that supported that action.

NitrOS9 is a good option.  Since you are using Level 1 rev 1.0.0 you must be
using a CoCo 1 or 2 since it does not boot on the CoCo 3, which was part of
the reason for rev 2.0.0.  Quite simply your frustration level for what you
want to do will be much lower with NitrOS9.

OTOH; if you look around at the various archives, RTSI, and MaltedMedia you
might find a image of the Level 1 rev 2.0.0 disks.

Bruce W.