[Coco] OS-9 Floppy / Printer configuration?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 06:14:56 EDT 2010

On Monday, July 26, 2010 06:09:36 am Bob Devries did opine:

> Hi all,
>
> may I be so bold as to point out that Chad H is using Level ONE of OS9?
>
> AFAIK, level ONE was HARD CODED for single-sided disks. You needed to
> replace the floppy driver and descriptors with a modified one
> (available on RTSI IIRC) to read/write double-sided disks.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

100% correct.  The original Level 1 version 1.00 also had a different set of
defines in the defsfiles.  I recall getting my disk driver from a commercial
place at the time, possibly ComputerWare, but it would take me the rest of
the day to find the originals now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)