[Coco] scary old code

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Jul 24 17:21:24 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 09:28:05AM -0700, Wayne Campbell wrote:
> My wish list for Basic09 is:

[..]

>I don't know how difficult it would be to make Basic09
> capable of doing what I wish it could do. The program is already as large
> as a single program can be and still do the work it does.

Ahh, but if you stripped out the text editor, command mode, and
debugger for a cli-only compiler, you'd free up some code space and
then you'd have room to add the code to make it dump its internal
tables.

I have to admit, however, that the NitrOS-9 source for BASIC-09 might
be pretty scary stuff.  It's probably from a disassembler.  We were
talking about code with no comments or useful variable names?  BINGO!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard