[Coco] scary old code

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Jul 22 06:18:52 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 09:38:58AM +1000, Bob Devries wrote:
> hehehe,
>
> Willard, wait 'til someone points out a bug in your carefully
> crafted programme 15 years after it was written, and then find that
> you subscribed to the idea "if it was hard to write, it should be
> hard to read" (regarding the comments in the source) ;)

Been there, done that.  I've got some HC11 assembly (from about '94),
no file more than a page of code, and it's freaking incomprehensible!
Not because I believed in "if it was hard to write it should be hard
to read", but because "This is totally obvious.  It doesn't need
comments." :-(

A word to the wise:  Assembly is *never* obvious.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard