[Coco] Internet via Coco

coco wal cocowal6809 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:04:43 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 1:42 AM, James Dessart <skwirl42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM, coco wal <cocowal6809 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thats not too bad , so your down to 4 maybe 6 address bytes for a
> > bussed Ethernet controller ? Using the indirect approach that you
> mentioned
> > would still be much more efficient then a talking to a
> > SPI Ethernet controller . Again this is all academic , i think you would
> > struggle to keep up with the network data no matter what interface was
> > implemented :)
>
> The C64 can handle it, apparently. That's the system Contiki was
> originally designed for.
> .

.

Sorry my reply was badly worded , I have no doubt it would work and be
usable ,  what i meant was not sure that you could use the full bandwidth
available on the network given the interfacing solutions proposed. If you
could DMA the data in rather then having to play with latches to decode
status registers etc it would be kinda cool.