[Coco] Internet via Coco

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 14 11:01:03 EDT 2010

Would you need to map the entire 32 bytes into the Coco's I/O at once? Or could you have a buffer (similar to no-halt disk controllers), that you map into 1 (or 2) bytes, and "stream-read" off of to collect (or write) the buffer contents? I still like the way the Elimimator controller from FHL worked... it latched into 2 consecutive memory locations, but presented the same byte on both, until a read started. That way, you could use TFM on a 6309 on one memory location for maximum speed, or do a LDD from 2 consecutive memory locations on a 6809, for maximum speed on that chip.