[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 87, Issue 8

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 00:03:57 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 06 July 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:
[...]
>p.s. - What's 'Pace'?

Pace, is probably the best single combo for rework soldering station there
is, built in vacuum pump/hot air blower and temp regulated iron.  Top models
are in the kilobuck area.  I could never afford one of those though, so I
get by with an XYTronic for about $140, but its just a good iron, no vacuum
or hot air stuff.  For surface mount, I use a GC tweezer iron, plugged into
a powerstat and running on 55 to 60 volts so it doesn't overheat when I have
70 caps to replace on each of 13 to 18 boards in a dvc-pro machine.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)