[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 87, Issue 8

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Jul 6 18:10:58 EDT 2010

As I am no VHDL engineer, I have dabbled in it.

At one point I had a version of Gary's code. As one might appreciate his .pof or .sof file, when you look at the source you WILL appreciate it. Holy Hanna!

This is not for the faint heart and it is an advanced project, IMHO.

There will be a lot of how the heck do you get that from this. :) As some of this is looking at someone else's code, it is complex.

Another minor point, you better have a pretty good computer. My laptop compiled it in ~20 minutes and it is pretty snappy, engineering work assigned unit. The desktop took 1/2 hr to compile, it was a Dell P4, 3.2GHZ w/1GB of DRAM.

Hats off to Gary and John K., Mark M. also has some cool stuff at Pace.

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9