[Coco] An 8-Slot Multi-Pak Design for my Color Computer Friends

Little John (GIMEchip.com) sales at gimechip.com
Sat Jul 3 22:18:08 EDT 2010

If there is enough interest, I will have some boards made. The buffer PCB
will cost me about $20 each in lots of 10. I haven't calculated the cost of
the slot board yet. The slot board is designed so that each slot can be
either a standard CoCo edge card socket OR a 40-pin header. I have
negotiated the purchase of 1000 coco cart sockets, I should have them soon.
I have also designed it so that each slot has an added header that makes a
few additional things available (such as 3.3V). I am working on getting the
slot board ready to upload to CoCo3.com. Now, anyone who wants to take the
time to debug the design and make some and sell them - go ahead - I don't do
this for profit - I do this for you folks. Now, I haven't tested the design
yet and it was designed in less than 9 hours, so bugs likely exist. By
posting it, I hope others will be able to catch design flaws :-)
-John