[Coco] COCO3-BASIC-ROM-MXP-0986_26-334_0-S_8323_12-18-91.ROM

Little John (GIMEchip.com) sales at gimechip.com
Thu Jul 1 10:13:19 EDT 2010

Mainly, just the way that the ROM was labeled. The board arrived to me
outside of a CoCo 3 and had that strange Label on the EPROM. It didn't work
at all. When I first saw it, I thought it might be some sort of prototype
CoCo 3 due to the EPROM, which was soldered directly to the board and the
way the GIME looked. I desoldered it and read it in and labeled it as it was
labeled. Not just the EPROM, though - the GIME was a 1986 GIME and doesn't
look like any other 1986 GIME in the rest of my CoCo 3's, but after I saw
the date on the EPROM - I knew it wasn't a prototype. Every chip on the
board appears to have also been replaced, but sockets weren't used which
is - well I have no word for it - they should have socketed them as they
were replaced. Anyway, the GIME doesn't work - I tried it in other CoCo 3's.
I have no use for this GIME if you want to have a look at it - I am inclined
to believe it was just a different production run than the other 1986 GIME's
that I have. If you want it for whatever purpose, I'll mail it to you,
thought I doubt it will be of any use. I think it was just made by a
different fab than the other GIME's and that it probably really isn't
unique - it's made by VTI. If you want it, just send me a mailing address
offlist and I'll pop it in the mail. -John