[Coco] scary old code

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jul 21 19:28:39 EDT 2010

Ouch!

Last night I stumbled across a BASIC game I wrote when I was in the
8th grade.  "Bad" doesn't even begin to describe it!

People who have no musical ability at all (that's me BTW) should NOT
be allowed to use the SOUND statement! :-)  SOUND 255,255 is just
plain painful!

Not quite so painful, but still bad, is the BASIC database manager (it
wanted to look like dBaseIII+) I wrote in '90.  That's actually mostly
OK at the code level, except for handling conditionals on the
reports.  I didn't understand what I was doing at all, and that
clearly shows in the code.

Then there's the extensive hacks I did to some of the Sample Programs,
mainly "Print or Revise" and "Color Doodle".  But at least those
aren't entirely my fault!

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA