[Coco] Altera MAX 3000A

Little John (GIMEchip.com) sales at gimechip.com
Tue Jul 6 03:16:40 EDT 2010

I am downloading and installing Quartus as per Mark M.'s suggestion. When I went and looked up the Altera MAX 3000 CPLD's, the cheapest one is $1.40. That one little chip can house the entire 8-Slot multi-pak design. I am going to go ahead and correct all of the design errors that James and the others have pointed out. Then I'm going to put it into a CPLD which will allow a much simpler PCB layout and a much cheaper production cost. You guys all rock - you just can't buy this kind of help in debugging a design - THANK YOU!

Also, James - when I was searching previous posts and reading them, I noticed you mentioned coding a replacement GIME - how is that project going? How do you plan on distributing it? Just wondering - I had considered trying to isolate Gary's GIME code out of the CC3FPGA and try to make it work with a real 63C09 @ 5Mhz (I've read that the 63C09 can run reliably at 5Mhz).
-John