[Coco] Problems with MESS and no one responds back at their own board so who do I contact for help now?

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:01:04 EST 2010

I have been asking questions in the MESS forum, (http://mess.redump.net/ and
click on Message Board in the upper-right of the screen). They have been
responsive and helpful. Most of my problem was running an older version and
not having some settings set in the correct places. If it helps, I use the
messui and wimgtool versions. There are 2 sets of options, the defaults for
the MESS environment, and a separate set associated to each computer type
listed. If you set the options specific to the coco3 emulator, they will
apply in emulation.

The default environment settings is contained in the MESS.ini or MESSUI.ini
file in the folder where MESS.exe or MESSUI.exe reside. In a folder named
ini are the environment variable files for each system you are emulating.
The files for the coco3 are coco3.ini for 6809, and coco3h.ini for 6309.

The files are text files and can be edited with any text editor. If you use
the ui version, these settings are found in Options -> Default System
Options for the system-wide environment, and right-click on coco3 (either
one), and select Properties.

You may already know all of this, but I thought it might help.

Wayne