[Coco] Problems with MESS and no one responds back at their own board so who do I contact for help now?

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jan 24 00:15:38 EST 2010

At 08:50 PM 1/22/2010, you wrote:
>I posted about a few problems with MESS in their bulletin board but
>to no avail so now what? Who can I contact for help on this matter?
>
>The probllems are upgrade related and CoCo sounds related: I
>recently downloaded the most current version 136 and extracted the
>zipped files into it's corresponding folder but when I ran MESS it
>still read version 128!
>
>And even before that the sounds games just don't come out right, the
>volume is pretty low no matter how much you try to set MESS to raise
>the volume and again the sounds in quite a few games just don't come
>out right. In Megabug all the sounds are completely what they should not be...

I'd just go with VCC and submit requests to the author.   It's just a
much better emulator and experience.

Good luck getting anything out of the "M.E.S.S. team", and don't dare
get used to any command line switches in imgtool.exe or
mess.exe.  Ever since I let my Rainbow IDE call on imgtool.exe, they
have repeatedly altered the command switches which breaks support for
the latest releases of these tools.  Rainbow IDE 2.0 (unreleased) and
the new Phoenix IDE (in development) both allow tweaking of the
M.E.S.S. switches to help combat these drunken programmers.  :)  I
know, that was mean.

Maybe, just maybe, a .bat file can be made which translates the old
switches to the new ones??

--
~ Roger Taylor