[Coco] scred wasRe: problems creating

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sat Jan 23 12:51:12 EST 2010

On 1/23/2010 10:12 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Yes, I have that manual but its been a decade since I last read it, and
>>> CRS is apparently setting in. ;(
>>>
>>> I should take the time to refresh my wet ram.
>>>
>>> Thanks Tim.
>>>
>> Ha Ha Ha ,  I didn't mean  you should read it :-) only if you were
>> interested in what the gobldy-gook was all about.
>>
> Always.
>

>> I use the ansi entry when logging into the coco through the serial port
>> form other computers.  I then can edit files on the coco from the pc and
>> use the cut and paste of stuff from there on the scred editor that is
>> running on the coco.
>>
>> Tim
>>
> With either file in place as termset in /dd/sys, I am still getting the
> dreaded error 216, pathname not found.
> {t2|08}/DD/NITROS9/6309L2/MODULES/RBF/SD2.1:scred -tANSI dsave.out
> Error #216 - Path Name Not Found

The only conditions where I could get a 216 error is when as in the line
above

1. scred is not in your cmds dir

2. dsave.out does not exist in you current directory

also, you must use an "=" sign as shown below.

{t2|08}/DD/NITROS9/6309L2/MODULES/RBF/SD2.1:scred -t=ANSI dsave.out

You missed the "=" above.

Also dsave.out must exist.  If you want to create a new file,

do a scred -t=ANSI     with no file name.

from the>  prompt enter       ne filename.txt

that will create the "NEw" file filename.txt and put you into edit mode.

scred -h will show the usage.

if you don't get any output form the -h, then scred is not in your cmds dir.

pxd will show which directory is your cmds dir.

dir -x will give you all the commands in your cmds dir.  Look for scred there.

Here are some of the available commands  If you would like a pdf of the scred docs for a complete list, let me know  and I can email them to you
SCRED COMMANDS

^ means CTRL

Cursor Movement Controls
j - cursor left
i - cursor up
u - scroll up
b - insert char
l - cursor right
, - cursor down
m - scroll down
h - word left
o - page up
k - beg/end line
; - word right
. - page down
x - xchange char

Edit Buffer Controls
^A - delete word left
^Z - delete line left
^P - join lines
^D - delete word right
^C - delete line right
^B - split lines
^F - abort changes
^X - delete whole line
LF - split line/insert

Cut / Paste  Functions
s - mark/unmark line
p - paste cut buffer
e - erase cut buffer
c - cut marked lines
n - nondestructive cut
w - write cut buffer
a - append marked lines
v - nondestr. append to a disk file to the cut buffer

>  Prompt Command Mode

ab           abort edit do no saves to original file and close it. stays in scred
              I use this if I screw up something and want to start over and keep my
              original file.
ed           enter edit mode
ex           writes changes to file and exits scred
mo           saves buffer and opens more from file (used with files larger than edit buffer)
ne filename  creates new file

many more but  these will get you by.

P.S. sorry if you already know this stuff, but I have no way of knowing, and
put as much in as time allowed.

Tim