[Coco] scred wasRe: problems creating

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 23 12:12:30 EST 2010

On Saturday 23 January 2010, Tim Fadden wrote:

>>> This one below with the coco listing most likely. unless you do
>>> -t=yourtermtype.
>>> The stock scred will look for the coco entry by default. or tell it what
>>> you have with the -t=
>>>
>>> If you have the development manual, it tells you what the fields stand
>>> for, and you can create
>>> any entry you want by applying the appropriate codes.
>>
>> Yes, I have that manual but its been a decade since I last read it, and
>> CRS is apparently setting in. ;(
>>
>> I should take the time to refresh my wet ram.
>>
>> Thanks Tim.
>
>Ha Ha Ha ,  I didn't mean  you should read it :-) only if you were
>interested in what the gobldy-gook was all about.

Always.

>I use the ansi entry when logging into the coco through the serial port
>form other computers.  I then can edit files on the coco from the pc and
>use the cut and paste of stuff from there on the scred editor that is
>running on the coco.
>
>Tim

With either file in place as termset in /dd/sys, I am still getting the
dreaded error 216, pathname not found.
{t2|08}/DD/NITROS9/6309L2/MODULES/RBF/SD2.1:scred -tANSI dsave.out
Error #216 - Path Name Not Found

{t2|08}/DD/NITROS9/6309L2/MODULES/RBF/SD2.1:dir -e /dd/sys
[...]
   0  2010/01/22 20:19  ----r-wr   20DB8       156 termset
[...]
And it contains this ANSI line:
ANSI:$1b[\Y\Y;\X\XH:$01:$1b[M:$1b[P:$1b[2J:$1b[K:$1b[L:$1b[7m:$1b[0m:

What else does it need?  Am I on the wrong screen type, they are all from /w*
descriptors.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)