[Coco] Link for Howard Luckey

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Jan 21 17:03:26 EST 2010

Do you think whoever is in charge of Howard's estate knows the value of
his CoCo and MM/1 equipment?  I don't mean its monetary value so much as
its significance to people who are interested in such things.  He
probably would have wanted them to be appreciated for what they are
rather than being appraised as electronic waste.  He may well have made
some plans for them, as his gift to WMU suggests that he was mindful of
such things.  I think that our grief at Howard's passing would be
compounded if his MM/1 and MM/1a were mistaken for '286 or '386 era PC
clones and discarded accordingly.

Perhaps his having been the Glenside president would give the club some
standing to respectfully, and in the proper time, ask the estate if it
is aware of the significance of his CoCo-related hardware.  Even if the
estate just sells it on ebay, it will have a higher possibility of going
to someone who can appreciate it, than if it is just viewed as
run-of-the-mill obsolete computer equipment.

JCE