[Coco] new question/survey

Benoit Bleau benbleau at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 16:24:06 EST 2010

>> I have one, but I was unable to make it work... The most I got out of it
>> was 512k
>>
>> -Benoit
>>

> Did you modify your Init modules at byte 9 to show 1F  instead of 0F?  And
> verify it?  you can do this with ded right on the boot disk.

Actually, I never even tried Nitros09 with it. The test program that
came with the 2mb board reports only 512k. Also, the coco is awfully
unstable with the board in it. It would crash often. I decided to pull
it out.

One possibility is that, when I replaced the old 6809 with a socket, I
might have broken a trace or there's a bad solder somewhere. I did check
it with a magnifier, and every thing looks fine, but maybe I damaged the
motherboard.

I can't get to the coco right now, it's in storage, but I'm planning to
get it out of there soon.

-Benoit