[Coco] Tandy OS-9 Level II startup script.

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Jan 19 18:26:57 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 01:07:39AM -0800, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> For your reference, here is the stock Tandy OS-9 Level II startup script.
> (Maybe)
>
> If someone has the actual startup script, please post it.

Straight off the Tandy distribution disks:
----startup-----
* Echo welcome message
echo * Welcome to OS-9 LEVEL 2 *
echo * on the Color Computer 3 *
* Lock shell and std utils into memory
link shell
* Start system time from keyboard
setime </1
date t

--------window.t80s--------

echo Creating 80 column text window
*
* Create a 80 column text window using descriptor /w7
* using White letters on a blue background
* NOTE: Wcreate is commented out since the defaults for /w7 are used.
*
*wcreate /w4 -s=2 0 0 80 24 0 1 1
iniz /w7
echo Window /w7 >/w7
shell i=/w7&
*
* Print Message to user
*
echo "Press <clear> to select window screen"

-------window.t38s---------------

echo Creating 38 column text window
*
* Create a 38 column text window using descriptor /w4
* using White letters on a blue background
*
wcreate /w4 -s=1 2 0 38 24 0 1 1
echo Window /w4 >/w4
shell i=/w4&
*
* Print Message to user
*
echo "Press <clear> to select window screen"

------------------window.glr4--------
echo Creating Low Res graphic windows
*
* Create 3 graphics windows on a screen using /W1, /W2, and /W3
* Terminate window list with a blank line
*
wcreate -z
/w1 -s=6 0 0 40 12 0 1 1
/w2 0 12 28 12 2 3
/w3 28 12 12 12 2 0

*
* Load standard software fonts
* Select 8X8 (200,001) font for w1 & w2
*    and 6X8 (200,002) font for w3
*
merge ......../sys/stdfonts >/w1
display 1b 3a c8 01 >/w1
display 1b 3a c8 01 >/w2
display 1b 3a c8 02 >/w3
*
* Display window identification messages
*
*
echo Window /w1 >/w1
echo Window /w2 >/w2
echo Window /w3 >/w3
*
* Start shell on /w1 and /w2
*
shell i=/w1&
shell i=/w2&
*
* Print Message to user
*
echo "Press <clear> to select window screen"

And, hey, as long as we're comparing startup files, here's mine:
------------------------------
*  shell+ commands used here
* Echo welcome message
echo * Welcome to NitrOS-9 Level 2 *
echo *   on the Color Computer 3   *
* Lock shell and std utils into memory
link shell
load utilpak1
* set bit banger to 2400
* xmode /p bau=4
* Start system time from keyboard
setime </1
*Start system time from smartwatch
*setsystim
date -t
control -e
iniz /w1
iniz /w2
display 1b 20 02 00 00 50 18 0a 03 03 > /w1
display 1b 20 02 00 00 50 18 0a 03 03 > /w2
shell i=/w1 &
shell i=/w2 &
cd /dd/sys
merge stdfonts
merge stdpats_2.plus stdpats_4.plus stdpats_16.plus
merge stdptrs
spew

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org