[Coco] CoCo 3 Projector 3 Blues: The program only gives errors to drive numbers higher than 1 (reposted because of possible size violation of previous message)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Jan 16 22:40:58 EST 2010

At 11:09 PM 1/15/2010, you wrote:

>Wouldn't that prevent the disks images from functioning at all when
>say one types DRIVE 2 or 3? Because one can use them just fine from
>the CoCo command line is the program that is having this issue...

I understand what you're saying, but the fact is that on a real CoCo
using a standard floppy controller, the pokes made by BOOT.BAS work
well and set DOS up for 2 double-sided drives (0,2) and (1,3) using
(first side, back side).  The pokes are very common in many CoCo
patch programs.

To bypass this configuration (or for better support in the
emulators?), just LOADM "P3" and skip using BOOT.BAS.

--
~ Roger Taylor