[Coco] VCC help request

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:35:00 EST 2010

On 1/17/10, Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is there anyone else who uses VCC as the emulator of choice?
>
> I'm trying to work out how to get some keyboard characters to work, such as
> BREAK, CTRL-BREAK, ALT.
>
> I'm trying to use VED in NitrOS9 using the VCC Emulator, but it relies
> heavily on the use of the ALT key and BREAK key.

-----

In my experience, the ALT key will work as ALT and the END key works as BREAK.

I ran the following BASIC program on a real CoCo 3 and on VCC to test
the ALT key.  In both cases, pressing ALT displays 191 as the keyboard
row value:

10 POKE &HADEB,&H39  'DISABLE BREAK
20 POKE &HFF02,&HF7   ' STROBE ALT COLUMN
30 PRINT @0,PEEK(&HFF00):GOTO 30

You have do a Reset to break out of this program.

Darren

Darren