[Coco] Is there a way to import JPGs or BMPs to a CoCo picture file format that can be used in a program, game etc?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Jan 15 13:29:44 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:46:14AM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:
> John W. Linville wrote:

>> But that makes it look like you'd need to feed it a GIF rather than the
>> .pal file -- not sure.
>
> It shouldn't be hard to convert the .pal to a GIF I think.

Yeah, should be pretty simple...

>> I did the mapping in my tool partly because
>> I'm not that familiar with the available tools and partly because I
>> wanted to learn more about how colors are matched algorithmically. :-)
>
> A laudable reason, indeed!

True -- this is all for fun, right? :-)  But still, now that I found
the link I sent earlier in the thread I think I might "leave it to
the experts" and switch over to using ImageMagick to do most/all of
the manipulations except for the final conversion to the data image
for the CoCo3.  Wish me luck! :-)

John