[Coco] Shell and Applications in OS9Boot?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Mon Jan 11 21:02:21 EST 2010

Not too big, not too small. That is the "secret sauce" of making a good bootfile.

The minimum recommended bootfile size is 0x4C01 bytes so that KrnP2 starts at $A000 or lower.  The reason is that the kernel uses the $A000-$BFFF for things like F$Move and copying the system/user stack.

Chris, I don't recall why $8200 is the maximum size, can you explain?
--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/