[Coco] VEFIO and WInfo

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 10 10:54:44 EST 2010

Joel Ewy wrote:
> I'm looking for a slimmer VEF viewer than view 4.4.  I want to see if I
> can get my 256 artifact color slideshow to run in 128K. I downloaded
> VEFIO from RTSI, but according to the documentation, it requires a
> subroutine module named WInfo, which doesn't appear to be on RTSI,
> unless it is in some archive by another name.
>
> Anybody know where to get WInfo? Alternatively, does anyone know of
> another OS-9 VEF viewer that will display 640x200x4-color VEF pictures
> (viewvef doesn't appear to work with those)?
>
> JCE

Joel,

Maybe the simplest thing for you would be to use a version of viewvef
that does work with the 640x4 mode. I've just altered the source for
that program so the 640x4 screen is used and your vef files look perfect.

If you send me a good e-mail address, I can send you the revised
program, viewvef.