[Coco] VEFIO and WInfo

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 10 08:43:36 EST 2010

Willard Goosey wrote:

> There's a hard-coded string length of the driver's name, too.  Robert
> Gault and I discussed this on this list a couple of years ago(!! time
> flies!) I'm pretty sure he updated the source in the CVS but I don't
> know if there's a binary there.

Unfortunately the source still is hard coded in this fashion. Here is
part of the code.

          nam   WInfo
          ttl   OS9 Level II sub to get window information - Ron Lammardo

*
* 11/22/87 - Edition #1 - for OS9 Level II V02.00.01
* 12/22/95 - Edition #2 - for ALL versions of OS-9 by Alan DeKok
*

vtio     fcs   /VTIO/ used to compare device driver name
vtiolen  equ   *-vtio

* we got the requested device...now see if its vtio

          ldb   #5 5 bytes to compare
          leax  vtio,pcr get addr of 'VTIO'
          leay  devname,u get addr of the driver nam
          os9   F$CmpNam see if they're the same
          lbcs  error2 if not-skip to next entry

If this code is used in the original and it probably is, changing from
cc3io to vtio in the fcs won't be enough because of the ldb #5.