[Coco] Somewhat OT... Pandora Emulator

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 04:30:23 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Ciaran Anscomb <cocomalt at 6809.org.uk> wrote:
> Sean wrote:
>> This project: http://www.open-pandora.org looks like a perfect
>> platform for a CoCo emulator.  Has anyone made a Linux CoCo emulator?
>
> Yes, if you're ok with CoCo 1/2 (search for XRoar).

MESS can emulate any model CoCo or Dragon, 6809 or 6309, and many
other 'retro' computers.  It works very well on Linux.

However, besides being compatible with an operating system, an
application must also match the CPU type of the device you want to run
it on.  You would need to compile MESS (or XRoar, or anything else)
for the CPU in this device, or find a binary someone else has compiled
for it.  Chances are someone will or has already compiled MESS for
this little guy, since MESS is closely related to MAME, and MAME would
be a very desirable thing to have on such a system.