[Coco] VEFIO and WInfo

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 10 01:51:45 EST 2010

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 11:17:04 -0600, Joel Ewy <jcewy at swbell.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for a slimmer VEF viewer than view 4.4.  I want to see if I
> can get my 256 artifact color slideshow to run in 128K.  I downloaded
> VEFIO from RTSI, but according to the documentation, it requires a
> subroutine module named WInfo, which doesn't appear to be on RTSI,
> unless it is in some archive by another name.
>
> Anybody know where to get WInfo?  Alternatively, does anyone know of
> another OS-9 VEF viewer that will display 640x200x4-color VEF pictures
> (viewvef doesn't appear to work with those)?
>
> JCE

You mentioned before that they are uncompressed... it wouldn't be too hard
to write one (if I remember correctly, it has the palette settings, and
you have to read from the file/PUT on the screen 1/2 a line at a time
(there was a bug in OS9 with doing a full line at a time - can't remember
if that is fixed in NitrOS9 or not). Also, Keving Darling wrote a quick
viewer (that included animation and compression) that was very small and
very fast, but you HAD to run it from a VDG screen. PIX or something like
that? Can't remember.
--
L. Curtis Boyle