[Coco] VEFIO and WInfo

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sat Jan 9 22:13:55 EST 2010

Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 07:51:34PM -0600, Joel Ewy wrote:
>

>> So, you're saying that the latest NitrOS-9 has switched back to calling
>> it CC3IO, and that if I build it from source then WInfo will work
>> again?
>>

> Sorry, that was ambiguous.  NitrOS changed the name of CC3IO to VTIO
> and so requires a new winfo module.

Ah, that makes sense.

>> Wouldn't it be simpler to use DED to patch WInfo
>> to look for VTIO?
>>

> There's a hard-coded string length of the driver's name, too.  Robert
> Gault and I discussed this on this list a couple of years ago(!! time
> flies!)

Confirmed.  DED doesn't fix it.  I was hoping it would just read to the
character with the high bit set, but I guess that's not the way it works.

> I'm pretty sure he updated the source in the CVS but I don't
> know if there's a binary there.
>
> If you want, I can package it all up in a lha and put it on my web
> page.  The test programs that come with winfo are pretty useful.

That would be really cool.  I should get set up with a cross-assembler
and whatever toolage it takes to build NitrOS-9 someday but that seems
like a bit too hefty an undertaking just for this project at the moment.

JCE