[Coco] Which Windows OS for Jeff's Emulator?

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Wed Jan 6 22:13:21 EST 2010

> I found my missing laptop computer and am in the process of deleting all
> it's files (Long Overdue).
>
> Windows XP SP3 will be reinstalled along with another OS that works well
> with Jeff's CoCo 3 Emulator.
>
> But I forget which one I should install in a FAT32 partition. Perhaps
> along with MSDOS.

Jeff's emulator was written for DOS.  NT, 2000, XP, etc only emulate DOS at
best.  IMHO Windows 98SE is your best option for running Jeff's emulator.
Of course you could pull the kernel and install a 95 kernel under 98, but
that is a lot of work for little gain, aside from the security of removing
IE.  There is a compilation of 98's updates out there in one file somewhere,
along with a daylight saveings time correction.

Bruce W.