[Coco] M.E.S.S. and the Scroll Lock key

Christian Lesage hyperfrog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 20:06:28 EST 2010

tim lindner wrote:
> In the Windows GUI you're looking for the 'UI Mode Key'.
>
> In the INI file you're looking for the line called: uimodekey. You can
> change it to anything listed listed here:
>
> http://mamedev.org/source/src/emu/input.h.html
>
> Look for '_input_item_id' array.

Thanks, Tim. Actually, Wes' suggestion, which enables a menu bar, solved
my problem, but I'm curious about your own suggestion.

I couldn't find where they put the "UI Mode Key" setting in the GUI
(i.e. MESSUI), nor could I find the string "uimodekey" in "mess.ini",
"MESSUI.ini", or "coco3.ini".

After some googling, I came to the conclusion that this parameter is
specific to the SDL version of MESS, which, apparently, I'm not using.
(I downloaded MESS 0.135 Windows binaries optimized for i686 processors.)