[Coco] splitting the screen

Wed Jan 6 00:18:29 EST 2010

Hi,

Well, it is a little more complicated perhaps, I said I did instead of I DO
because NitrOS-9 might have changed things.

Yes, you can do the same in Basic09.

First, the Magic of Window Zero ("/W0") must be fully working.

I had a successful system with 1, 2, 3 and 4 windows on same screen at once.
And used them often.

The window descriptors were a necessary part of this.

I do not know if the NitrOS-9 window descriptors are set up properly, the
stock Tandy ones I believe were not.

I will look for the files, I was about to put the CD's away but they are
still handy.

I will make the files available to all, I have noted some incorrect
understandings posted over the years.

> I have read that script many times. The default startup file is a few
> echos,
> and settime. I never found any other examples of opening windows or
> controlling them. The manual was insufficient.

I now remember a little perhaps about that.

If you examine the window creation lines with the proper window creation
page open in the manual, you might learn more.

Understanding my script requires the same process as the lines look the
same. But I can supply the understanding glue to putting it all together.

The text stream that you will generate and output will look the same.

Don't forget your homework, learn what you can about the magic of "/W0".

SHF