[Coco] splitting the screen

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jan 5 18:48:02 EST 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010, Wayne Campbell wrote:
>Does anyone on the list understand OS-9 windowing enough to give me a clue
> as to how to split a screen? What I need is to be able to have everything
> the user types show up in one part, and all other output to the screen in
> the other, something liike this:
>
>+-----------------+
>
>|this is where all|
>|output goes      |
>
>+-----------------+ <- what happens above does not go below this separator
>
>|user input here  |

One would first have to construct the windows for that, then play with the
shell syntax when launching it so it used one window as the input, and the
other as the output.  Might be an interesting experiment. ;-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The goys have proven the following theorem...
		-- Physicist John von Neumann, at the start of a classroom
		   lecture.