[Coco] Ebay laugh of the day.

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 3 00:22:19 EST 2010

Mark McDougall wrote:

One other example that completely blew me away a few months ago...

FYI SNES games can be bought for as little as AUD$3-5 in "cash converter"
stores here.

A while back I was visiting a friend outside Sydney and wandered into a cash
converter-type store to see what they had. There were three boxed - albeit
rather well worn - SNES games, none of which were particularly sought-after.
Just pedestrian titles really.

I asked how much they were and almost fell over when I was told AUD$95
each!!! I expressed my incredulity and was all-but-told to p*** off. (BTW
they also tried to claim they were "brand new" games).

Perhaps tellingly, they had a cupboard absolutely stuffed to overflowing of
retro console gear - most of it rather common and boring stuff - with no
prices on most stuff. I've little doubt that most of it will still be there
today.

Greed, pure and simple.

Regards,